All our drivers are self-employed and most are shareholders in Wortax so they have an interest and stake in the company. They are all Worthing Borough Council licensed hackney carriage and Private Hire drivers (See Licensing
). We do not employ hackney drivers or private hire drivers from outside of Worthing borough.
They adhere to a strict code of practice and disciplinary procedures.
- All our drivers will display a badge with the Worthing Borough Councils licence number and expiry date.
- All our drivers are fully insured as required by Worthing Borough Council with Public Liability insurance.
- All our drivers have and enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check as required by Worthing Borough Council.
- All our drivers observe the regulations as set out by Worthing Borough Council.
- All our drivers will be of smart appearance and ensure personal hygiene.
- All drivers will ensure that the vehicles are clean and tidy inside and out.
- Our drivers will be courteous and helpful as possible.
- Our drivers will take customers by the shortest / cheapest / and most practical route possible
In addition to the above the drivers have passed a knowledge test set by Worthing Borough Council and have a certificate of medical fitness and some have passed a GNVQ in Customer Care, which is not a statutory requirement but we are encouraging all our drivers to follow suit.